Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Something quick for a mid week dinner

If you have had a very long day the last thing you want to do is slave away over the stove.

This is very satisfying as all the hard work and passion is gone into the ingredients that I bought just throwing them together makes them extra special.

So firstly you will need a flat handmade bread.
I used arbutus tomato bread it's a bit like a focaccia.
If you can't find this bread use a whole a good quality crusty loaf cut in half through the middle to make 2 flat sides of bread.
Then I added 1/2 of a Gubben chorizo skinned and slice thinly.
I also added about 100g Ardsallagh soft goats cheese.
1 tomato sliced up
And some fresh thyme or any other herb you like.
Drizzle with olive oil
Then bake in a hot oven for 5-6 minutes.
The spicy chorizo will flavour the goats cheese and the bread with the
beautiful paprika and garlic it spills out

To serve cut into chunks and serve on the bread board.
I had mine with soup, but it would be lovely with cold meats and dare I say more cheese, relish, chutneys salads etc.

Bon Appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment