Monday, June 4, 2012

Low fat pepper sauce

I was cooking steak for dinner and fancied some pepper sauce,
however I didn't have fresh cream in the fridge so I tried light Philadelphia Cream Cheese. It turned out yum
Half the fat content and I only used
3 ingredients what more could you ask for?
Easy, cheap and low fat.
Here's how I did it.

Serves 4

Preparation and cooking 10 minutes max

Ingredients
1 beef oxo cube
200ml boiling water
1 large tablespoon light Philadelphia cream cheese.
1/2 teaspoon freshly crush black/ green peppercorns
Sea Salt to taste

Method:

Boil the kettle and fill a jug to 200mls
Add the oxo cube stir until dissolved
Put cream cheese in a saucepan
Medium heat
Whisk in the stock
Add pepper
Boil and reduce for 1-2 mins
Check seasoning
Serve.

This sauce could be a base to a quick stroganoff.
Double the recipe
Omit the peppercorns
Add sauté mushrooms and onions a bit of paprika and brandy ( optional)
Season
Either choose beef or chicken
Cook in the sauce
Serve with rice


2 comments:

  1. Love pepper sauce on my meats... And now with this recipe I won't feel so guilty!! :)

    Thanks!

    http://www.biteabargain.ie

    ReplyDelete